Location: Washington, DC Area
Cultivate Labs builds collective intelligence technology solutions for governments, large organizations, and think tanks. Our mission is to transform the way decisions are made by quantifying and amplifying the voice of a diverse, internal or external "crowd" using mechanisms like crowdsourced forecasting and crowdfunding.
Our clients are organizations such as:
- Pharmaceutical companies like AbbVie, where we help the early-stage drug development team make decisions about which compounds to invest in further;
- Investment banks like UBS to enhance their research;
- Think tanks like the Center for Security and Emerging Technology at Georgetown University to explore the impact of new technologies on the security of the U.S.;
- Large manufacturers like Corning to improve sales forecasting and demand planning;
- Advanced research labs like DARPA to forecast the likelihood and impact of risks on their research;
- U.S. and foreign intelligence agencies to break organizational silos and capture a more diverse assessment of geopolitical events.
The Professional Services team provides consulting support for clients who have decided to implement our technology solutions and methodology. We guide our clients in the implementation of their new crowdsourcing program through strategic planning, project management, data analysis, and change management design and delivery.
As a business consultant at Cultivate, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in developing business strategies to solve complex client challenges that deal with - but are not limited to - recruitment, engagement and retention, and internal advocacy of crowdsourcing value proposition;
- Lead efforts to recruit client teams on both public-facing and internal projects through email outreach, sponsorships/promotions, and social media ad campaigns;
- Lead community management activities to ensure clients are actively participating on our technology platform;
- Design and implement education and engagement tactics for clients utilizing change management best-practices, e.g., writing blogs and educational materials, proposing incentives and rewards, organizing talks by thought leaders, and other events;
- Perform basic data analysis and generate executive summary level reports and presentations;
- Work closely with project team to develop and manage project plans that adhere to scope, timelines, and budget;
- Support the design and delivery of internal marketing and business development materials, such as our Cultivate newsletter, website, and sales decks.
This position will report to the Director of Professional Services.
- BA in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience;
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, project management, or research;
- Excellent business acumen, problem-solving, and analytical skills to evaluate challenges and present recommendations in an organized manner;
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to author diverse array of deliverables including executive level summaries, proposals, white papers, blog posts, and social media;
- Understanding of change management principles and applications;
- Experience in performing basic data analysis in Excel, R, or other statistical packages.
We offer all our employees:
- A competitive salary;
- Participation in our profit sharing plan;
- Health care plan;
- 401k with match;
- Annual workstation and technology budget;
- Maternity and paternity leave;
- Remote work.
What We Value - And Want To See In You Too
- We are thoughtful about the business decisions we make, but try to be decisive and quick about taking action - no "paralysis by analysis."
- We are health conscious about our team and will not be returning to an office unless it’s absolutely safe to do so. In the meantime all work will be 100% remote.
- We approach our work with a positive energy and an insatiable curiosity for staying on top of related trends so that what we do stays relevant and impactful.
- We are self-funded and live and die by the revenue we generate, so we alone decide our path and expect everyone to contribute a thoughtful opinion to what that path should be in conversation and through their work.
- You have, at some point in your life, worked in the trenches serving a customer. Maybe you were a waiter or waitress, maybe you worked retail, maybe you were a dishwasher or mowed lawns, thus developing a respectful, humble, and open-minded attitude about where you’ve been and where you’d like to go.
- We're looking for long-term employee relationships, not job hoppers.
Our Hiring Process
We want to be as transparent as possible with our hiring process. Here’s how we'll interact with you:
Apply to Job
- Send us an email with your resume, any relevant projects or experience you'd like us to know about, and why you're interested in the role.
- If we are interested in following up, we will respond within 7 days to schedule a telephone background interview to tell you more about the company and ask you general questions about your experience.
- If after our screening interview, we choose to continue, we will conduct additional interviews with other team members and our founders.
- We will ask for references and conduct a background check.
- We will extend you an offer letter. If you accept in principle, we will prepare a formal employee agreement to sign.