Cultivate Labs is a Chicago-based technology company that builds collective intelligence solutions for governments, large private organizations, and think tanks. Our mission is to change the way decisions are made by quantifying and amplifying the voice of an internal or external “crowd” using mechanisms like prediction markets and crowdfunding.
We’re embarking on our next phase of growth as a company and are looking to hire a new Rails developer to join the team. Here’s more about the role:
In a nutshell
This role will touch all aspects of our development and delivery process, from new feature development on our products, to working with clients on specific requested customizations, to data analysis, to bug fixes. On a day to day basis, you will:
- Write code
- Work with clients and our team to define application requirements
- Perform data analysis
- Contribute thinking/perspective on product and company strategy
You'll primarily be working with:
- Ruby on Rails
- React / React Native
We offer all our employees:
- A competitive salary
- Participation in our profit sharing plan
- Health care plan
- 401k with partial match
- Annual workstation and technology budget
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Liberal remote work policy
U.S. Citizenship Requirement
Unfortunately, because our software is used in classified settings in the U.S. Government, all employees must be U.S. Citizens.
Our Hiring Process
We want to be as transparent as possible with our hiring process. Here’s how we’ll interact with you:
Apply to Job
- Send us an email with your resume, link(s) to any public projects, and/or Github account.
- If we are interested in following up, we will respond within 3 days to schedule a telephone or in-person background interview to tell you more about the company and ask you general questions about your experience.
- We will conduct a technical telephone or in-person interview with our CTO.
- We will invite you to our office to pair program, meet other team members, and buy you a meal or coffee without the founders present so you can ask questions about what it’s like to work at the company, etc.
- We will ask for references and conduct a background check.
- We will extend you an offer letter. If you accept in principle, we will prepare a formal employee agreement to sign.