This role will touch all aspects of our development and delivery process, from new feature development on our products, to working with clients on specific requested customizations, to data analysis, to bug fixes. On a day to day basis, you will:
- Write code
- Work with clients and our team to define application requirements
- Perform data analysis
- Contribute thinking/perspective on product and company strategy
You'll primarily be working with:
- Ruby on Rails
- React / React Native
- BS+ in computer science or similar experience
- 1-5 years of Rails development experience (beyond any bootcamps)
- Experience doing statistical analysis a plus
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- A competitive salary
- Participation in our profit sharing plan
- Health care plan
- 401k with partial match
- Annual workstation and technology budget
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Liberal remote work policy
- Free chocolate
Our Hiring Process
We want to be as transparent as possible with our hiring process. Here’s how we’ll interact with you:
Apply to Job
- Send us an email with your resume, link(s) to any public projects, writing, and/or your Github account.
- If we are interested in following up, we will respond within 7 days to schedule a telephone or in-person background interview to tell you more about the company and ask you general questions about your experience.
- We will conduct an initial phone or in-person interview.
- We will invite you to our office to meet other team members, and buy you a meal or coffee without the founders present so you can ask questions about what it’s like to work at the company.
- We will ask for references and conduct a background check.
- We will extend you an offer letter. If you accept in principle, we will prepare a formal employee agreement to sign.
We're a small company and highly value our no-drama, low key culture. We don't "work hard, party hard." Just work hard, then go home and enjoy our own lives. Here's more about what we believe and how we work:
- We are thoughtful about the business decisions we make, but try to be decisive and quick about taking action - no "paralysis by analysis."
- We don’t mind remote work but require everyone to be in 2 days a week (if you're in Chicago so we can all see each other!) We understand that from where you work doesn't dictate how productive you are, so it's your choice where you choose to do your best work.
- We approach our work with a positive energy and a curiosity for staying on top of related trends so that what we do stays relevant and impactful.
- We are self-funded and live and die by the revenue we generate, so we alone decide our path and expect everyone to contribute a thoughtful opinion to what that path should be in conversation and through their work.
- We've all worked in the trenches serving a customer. At some point in our lives we've been waiters and waitresses, worked retail, washed dishes and mowed lawns. We have a respectful, humble, and open-minded attitude about where we’ve been and where we’d like to go. We're not out to "change the world," just make a positive impact on it.
Because our software is used in classified settings in the U.S. Government, we have a strict policy that all employees must be U.S. Citizens.